The Department of Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts (BECA) offers an undergraduate degree in Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts.
Undergraduate Areas of Emphasis are not formal concentrations and are just suggested pathways. Suggested emphasizes include:
- Audio Production and Music Recording
- Electronic Media Journalism
- Business Aspects of Electronic Media
- Educational and Instructional Media
- Electronic Media Theory and Criticism
- Interactive Media
- Radio Production and Programming
- Television/Video Production
- Writing for Electronic Media
BECA majors must have an area of emphasis. A student’s area of emphasis should guide their choice of electives. Students are advised to have an area of emphasis that reflects their interests in the program.
Degree requirements and course options for the Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts are available from the SF State Bulletin.
Bulletin course descriptions briefly describe the content or subject matter to be covered and provide additional information on course content, units of credit, level of instruction, prerequisites and type of course (lecture, laboratory, seminar and individually supervised work).
Information on specific offerings (times, rooms, instructors) will be found in the Class Schedule.
Check the "Articulation System Stimulating Inter-institutional Student Transfer" (ASSIST) website for student-transfer information and for courses equivalent to:
- BECA 200, Introduction to Electronic Communication, 3 units
- BECA 231, Audio Production, 3 units
- BECA 241, Video Production, 3 units
- BECA 246, Electronic Field Production I, 3 units