The Department of Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts (BECA) offers an undergraduate degree in Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts.
Undergraduate Areas of Emphasis are not formal concentrations and are just suggested pathways. A list of course options for each are listed in the Bulletin. Suggested emphasizes include:
- Audio Production and Music Recording
- Electronic Media Journalism
- Business Aspects of Electronic Media
- Educational and Instructional Media
- Electronic Media Theory and Criticism
- Interactive Media
- Radio Production and Programming
- Television/Video Production
- Writing for Electronic Media
BECA majors must have an area of emphasis. A student’s area of emphasis should guide their choice of electives. Students are advised to have an area of emphasis that reflects their interests in the program.
Degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts are available from the SF State Bulletin.
Bulletin course descriptions briefly describe the content or subject matter to be covered and provide additional information on course content, units of credit, level of instruction, prerequisites, and type of course (lecture, laboratory, seminar, and individually supervised work).
Information on specific offerings (times, rooms, instructors) will be found in the Class Schedule.
Check the "Articulation System Stimulating Inter-institutional Student Transfer" (ASSIST) website for student-transfer information and for courses equivalent to:
- BECA 200, Introduction to Electronic Communication, 3 units
- BECA 231, Audio Production, 3 units
- BECA 241, Video Production, 3 units
- BECA 246, Electronic Field Production I, 3 units
Change of Major
If you would like to change your major to Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts (BECA) login to your Student Center. Under the Other Academic tab choose Change Your Major and follow the instructions. Requests should be approved within one week.